In Response To The Us Announcement, Who Said It Hoped That Cooperation Would Continue

- Jun 02, 2020-

Geneva, June 1 (xinhua)The world health organization (who) hopes to continue its cooperation with the United States, who director-general tedros adhanom ghebreva said on Monday.

"The world has long benefited from working closely with the government and people of the United States," tedros said at a news conference.For decades, the contribution and generosity of the United States government and people to global health has been enormous, and it has had a major impact on public health around the world.Who wants this cooperation to continue."

On May 29, Mr Trump said the us would end its relationship with the who and divert its contributions to the organisation because it "refused to implement the reforms demanded by the us".

On April 14, trump announced that the United States was suspending its contributions to the who and demanding accountability for who's actions during the outbreak.On May 18, trump sent a letter to tedros, threatening to end U.S. contributions to the who and reconsider its membership of the organization if it does not commit to making "substantial improvements" in the next 30 days.

Previously reported:

Mr Trump said he would end relations with the who because it had "refused to implement the reforms demanded by the us"

US President Donald trump said on Monday that the us would end its relationship with the world health organization.

Trump said at a White House press conference on Friday afternoon that the United States would end its relationship with the who and divert its contributions to the organization because the who "refused to implement the reforms requested by the United States."

Trump sent a letter to who director general tedros adhanom ghederseh on March 18, threatening to end U.S. contributions to the who and reconsider its membership of the organization if the organization does not commit to making "substantial improvements" within the next 30 days.The move drew criticism internationally and in the United States.

Trump announced on April 14 that the United States was suspending its dues to the who and demanding accountability for who's actions during the outbreak.Democrat Eliot engel, chairman of the house foreign affairs committee, announced the launch of an investigation into the trump administration's decision to suspend payments to the who on March 27.