Due to the epidemic, masks have suddenly become a star item that must be used at home to save their lives, and with the return of work, the standby time of masks is getting longer and longer. When we go to work and commute, we may wear masks half of the day!
However, long-term wearing is not only uncomfortable, but also causes some "side effects", such as the "mask face" that makes thousands of girls gnash their teeth! ! !
So what is a mask face? How to prevent and solve mask face?
Simply put, it is the skin problems induced by wearing a mask for a long time, such as acne, allergies, redness, itching and so on.
But after all, everyone wears masks for different times and types of masks, so the symptoms and severity of them will be different. The more common symptoms are the following two.
Indentation and broken skin on the face
Mechanical damage caused by pressure and friction on the skin tissue due to wearing a mask for a long time. Common parts are the cheekbones, cheeks, behind the ears that are in contact with the mask straps, and the bridge of the nose that is in contact with the mask's shaping part.
1. Wear a mask with proper elasticity. For non-medical workers, disposable medical masks are generally worn during low-risk exposure. Non-ear-hook masks, such as strap-on masks, can also reduce friction and pressure on the skin behind the ears.
2. The wearing time should not be too long. If sanitary conditions permit, take off the mask in 2 to 3 hours or change the position of the mask to reduce local pressure.
3. Before wearing, you can apply emollient locally to reduce the skin irritation caused by the friction of the edge of the mask.
4. Fuchun Powder applied to the broken skin can reduce swelling and relieve pain and accelerate the healing of the wound at the broken skin.
Sensitive skin, frequent acne, stinging
Acne is a chronic inflammatory skin disease of the hair follicle sebaceous gland unit. It has blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, abscesses, cysts and scars and other damages. It usually occurs on the face, chest and back. The onset of acne is related to androgenic cortex. Increased secretion, hyperkeratosis of the hair follicle mouth epithelium, Propionibacterium acnes and heredity are related to a certain degree, and it occurs mostly in young men and women aged 15 to 30. The damage mainly occurs on the face, especially the forehead and cheeks, followed by the chest, back and shoulders. They are distributed symmetrically and often accompanied by sebum overflow.
1. Mask materials, such as non-woven fabrics, metal clips, rubber bands, etc., can cause allergies, contact dermatitis, or acne for a small number of people.
2. Using substandard masks, fake and inferior materials may stimulate skin allergies when worn.
3. It has been worn for a long time, or the skin barrier is damaged by over-cleaning, and the dampness in the mask can easily breed bacteria, which can cause skin redness, itching, etc.
1. When choosing a mask, pay attention to choosing a regular and safe mask to wear, and replace the mask when it is wet
2. Drug treatment. Dermatologists say that acne is a common skin disease. Because of the different causes of acne, blind treatment can cause facial skin lesions, acne scars, acne pits, acne marks, pigmentation and rough skin. Therefore, professional and standardized treatment is required.