Over 5 million confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia worldwide!
At present, with the exception of a few newly confirmed diagnoses in China, there are no new ones. But according to the latest news, there are more than 5 million confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia worldwide!
1. Over 5 million confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia worldwide!
1. According to the global real-time statistics of the Worldometer website in the United States, as of 16:13 on the 20th, Beijing time, the cumulative number of new cases of new coronary pneumonia in the world has exceeded 5 million, reaching 5000599. There were 325,156 deaths.
2. The latest data from Johns Hopkins University, which also tracks global real-time epidemic data, has not reached 5 million. According to data from Johns Hopkins University at 16:00 on the 20th, Beijing time, the cumulative number of confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia reached 4,901,773, of which 323,413 died.
2. Which country has the most severe new pneumonia?
1. the most serious
At present, the United States is the most severe country in the world, and the cumulative number of diagnoses is also the largest. According to the real-time monitoring system of Johns Hopkins University in the United States, as of May 19 at 5:32 pm EDT, there have been 1,524,156 new coronavirus infections in the United States, including 91,661 deaths.
At a cabinet meeting held at the White House that day, President Trump signed an executive order instructing federal agencies to "use all power to weigh, suspend, and eliminate unnecessary regulatory measures that hinder economic recovery." According to CNN, starting from the 20th, all states in the United States will restart at least some of their economic activities.
The cumulative number of new coronary pneumonia diagnosed in six countries currently exceeds 200,000, including the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy and Brazil. In addition, the number of confirmed cases in France, Germany, Turkey, Iran and India exceeded 100,000.
3. When will the new coronary pneumonia vaccine be available?
The new coronary pneumonia vaccine has not yet been approved for listing, but on May 18, the US pharmaceutical company Moderna announced in a statement on its official website that its new coronavirus vaccine in Phase I experiments showed "positive results." The 20% rise also triggered a collective surge in European and American stock markets.
But on May 19 local time, the US health news website StatNews questioned Moderna's statement after interviewing multiple vaccine experts. According to reports, experts questioned Moderna ’s clinical data, saying that Moderna did not provide data critical to the evaluation of the new coronary pneumonia vaccine.
Three new coronary pneumonia vaccines in China have entered phase II clinical trials; five innovative drugs have been approved for clinical trials, and some phase II clinical studies have been completed.